Miami Product Liability Attorney
Despite strict regulations that govern how consumer products are designed, manufactured, and distributed, thousands of people are injured every year due to product defects. The Miami product liability attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert provide aggressive and compassionate legal representation to Floridians who have been injured by dangerous products.
We will investigate your case to determine the cause of the defect and identify all potentially liable parties. Our product liability lawyers have more than 60 years of combined experience representing the injured, and we have recovered more than $200 million for our clients. Call 305-445-1111 for a free case assessment.
Types of Cases Our Miami Product Liability Lawyers Handle
Any product can have a dangerous defect that causes severe injuries. A single oversight during the design, manufacturing, or distribution of a product could be all it takes to put consumers at risk.
The Miami defective product attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert handle all types of product liability claims including those involving:
- Defective Automobiles: A faulty auto part or negligent manufacturing techniques could result in a devastating accident. If you were hurt in a crash that was caused by an auto part malfunction, you have the right to bring a claim for any damages that you have incurred as a result.
- Defective Airbags: Airbags are designed to save lives, but a defect can cause an airbag to inflate for no reason or to project shrapnel, resulting in severe lacerations, brain trauma, and even death.
- Defective Seat Belts: A properly working seat belt can be the difference between walking away from an accident unscathed and suffering traumatic injuries-or worse. If your seat belt snapped or opened during a collision, you may have grounds for a claim. Our law firm works with auto parts specialists who can determine if your seat belt was negligently designed or had a manufacturing defect.
- Defective Child Car Seats: A motor-vehicle accident that injures a child is always a tragedy. This is especially true if a defective child car seat was a contributing factor.
- Defective Tires: Tires are your vehicle’s only points of contact with the road, so any defect could result in a devastating collision. Tire failure causes thousands of injuries and deaths each year in the United States, many of which are due to negligent tire design and manufacturing defects.
- Defective Children’s Toys: It seems unthinkable that a child’s toy could have a dangerous defect, but one oversight during the design, manufacturing, or distribution of a toy could result in catastrophic injuries.
- Defective Swimming Pools: Each year, there are hundreds of drownings and thousands of pool-related injuries in the United States, many of which are caused by negligent pool, drain, and pump design.
- Defective Portable Generators: Electrocution, electric shock, and carbon monoxide poisoning are all risks when using a defective or negligently labeled generator.
- Defective Medical Devices: Defective breast implants, pacemakers, heart valve implants, knee and hip replacements, defibrillators, and other medical devices can be deadly.
- Defective Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals must undergo thorough testing and research before entering the market. Despite these measures, defective drugs and negligent pharmaceutical labeling remain serious problems and often result in severe illnesses, permanent disabilities, and death.
Even if the product itself did not malfunction, you may still have grounds for a claim if there was an inherent danger to users of the product yet the manufacturer failed to warn consumers of this danger. For instance, if a medication causes adverse side effects that are not listed on its label, any patients who suffered those side effects may have grounds for a claim against the pharmaceutical company.
Who Might Be Liable for Damages in Product Liability Cases?
There are many parties who might be liable for damages due to a defective or malfunctioning product. Depending on the facts surrounding your case, you have grounds for a claim against:
- The product designer;
- The product manufacturer;
- The product distributor;
- The product seller;
- The product retailer;
- The product supplier; and/or
- Any other party involved in the creation or distribution of the product.
Our Product Liability Attorneys Will Help You Prove Negligence & Liability
Proving liability is an essential component in any personal injury or wrongful death case. The Miami product liability attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert can help you identify the parties who may be responsible for your injuries and help you gather evidence to hold them accountable.
There are many types of evidence that might be used to prove liability in a defective product case. The evidence our attorneys will use ultimately depends on the cause of the defect and how your injury occurred. Common evidence used in these cases includes:
- Eyewitness Testimony: If anybody witnessed your accident, their testimony may help your Miami product liability lawyer prove that you were using the product for its intended purpose and that the defect was in fact the cause of your injuries.
- Video Footage of Your Accident: Video recordings can also help your attorney prove the cause of your injuries.
- Records of Similar Accidents: Other people may have suffered injuries using the same product.
- Accident Reports: If you filed a report following your injury, it may be useful for outlining the sequence of events that occurred.
- Blueprints and Schematics: If the product that injured you had an inherently dangerous design or if there was a manufacturing defect, blueprints and schematics will be valuable evidence to prove liability.
- Expert Witness Testimony: Expert witnesses often play an important role in product liability cases. They can analyze technical documents, outline how a product works, and explain how it might harm someone.
Call 305-445-1111 to Speak with a Product Liability Attorney in Miami Today!
The product liability attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert are here to provide answers to your questions and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Our law firm will aggressively represent you and your family during every stage of the proceedings. Call us today at 305-445-1111 or fill out our Contact Form to set up a free initial consultation.