Florida Premises Liability Attorney
Premises liability is an area of law whereby the landowner is responsible for certain accidents or incidents that occur on his or her property. In sum, an owner of a business, restaurant, retail store or any other location has a legal obligation to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition. The landowner must inspect, fix and warn against any dangerous conditions that could cause harm to individuals invited onto their property. If the landowner fails to perform these duties, and an individual is injured on the property, that landowner may be found negligent and in turn liable for the damages sustained to the invitee.
- Dog Bite
- Drowning & Pool Accident
- Construction Accident
- Electrocution Accident
- Negligent Security
- Recreational Activities Accident
- Sexual Assault
- Slip & Fall
There are different types of premises liability cases which have been handled by our Florida premises liability attorneys. such as:
- Slip-and-fall Accidents – This is the scenario whereby the property owner was negligent in allowing there to be some sort of dangerous condition on the property that caused an individual invited onto the property to slip or trip and hurt his or her self.
- Dog Bites – In general, the owner of the dog is liable for injuries that the dog causes to another. This is true if a landowner allows an individual onto his or her premises, and that individual is then bitten by the landowner’s dog. The dog owner can be held liable regardless of whether the dog had any previous tendencies to exhibit dangerous behavior.
- Sexual/ Physical Assault – This is applicable to premises liability cases when a landowner fails to provide reasonable security on his or her premises so that an individual is sexually or physically attacked on the premises. The landowner may then be held liable for the resultant damages. Examples of this include shooting of a shopper while in the parking lot of a shopping mall or the rape of an individual in the bathroom of a bar.
- Construction Accidents – Construction accidents are a sub-sector of premises liability cases and thus involves similar rules in regards to liability and damages. Construction sites are a common place of injury for both workers and non-workers. Construction site accidents usually involve the failure of the landowner, contractor or sub-contractor to maintain the area in a safe matter.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of an accident or physical or sexual assault on the premises of another, make sure to contact a Florida premises liability attorney immediately as you or a person you know may be entitled to compensation. Halpern Santos & Pinkert, P.A. handles all premises liability and construction accident related matters. Jay Halpern has over 30 years experience handling such matters and has the ability to obtain the best results for you.