Miami Slip and Fall Attorneys
The Miami slip and fall lawyers at Halpern Santos & Pinkert have more than 60 years of combined experience in legal practice. We help victims of trip and slip and fall accidents in south Florida pursue the compensation they need to pay for lost income, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We have won numerous multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts including a record-breaking $37.8 million verdict. If you are unable to come to our office, we will come to you. Set up a free initial consultation today by calling 305-445-1111.Why Turn to Halpern Santos & Pinkert After a Slip and Fall in Miami?
It's a sad truth that bad things happen to good people. In less than a second, a trip or slip and fall accident can cause life-altering injuries that affect your relationships, career, and day-to-day wellbeing. Although nothing can undo such a tragic experience, the lawyers at Halpern Santos & Pinkert can help you make the best of a bad situation by fighting for the compensation you need to maintain your financial security.
After a serious personal injury or death in the family, it can be difficult to focus on legal concerns. Whether or not you choose to work with us, the Miami slip and fall attorneys at HSP can provide the information you need to make the right decisions regarding your case. Your free initial consultation is an opportunity to learn about the laws related to your claim, to find out whether your case has merit, and to determine if you feel comfortable and confident working with our law firm.
Here are just a few reasons why our practice has become one of the most prominent slip and fall law firms in south Florida:
- We Genuinely Care About Our Clients: Personal injury law is not just our profession; it's also our passion. Many people who come to us have given up hope due to mounting medical bills, lost wages, and physical disabilities. Beyond the financial hardship, their families suffer immense grief in the aftermath of a serious injury or the unexpected loss of a loved one. Our slip and fall lawyers genuinely care about alleviating our clients’ emotional and financial burdens and making the claims process as stress free as possible. We do this by treating our clients with the utmost compassion, providing honest answers to their questions, thoroughly investigating their cases, returning their calls and emails promptly, and aggressively representing them during settlement negotiations and litigation.
- Well Respected in Miami: You can tell a lot about a law firm by how well its lawyers are respected by other attorneys, insurance adjusters, and professional organizations. Several of the attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert have earned the rare “Super Lawyer” distinction. Insurance companies in south Florida respect our ability in the courtroom, which gives them incentive to accept our settlement offers without going to trial.
- Extensive Courtroom Experience: You’d be surprised how many personal injury attorneys are unwilling to go to trial. Some lawyers prefer only to accept cases that seem likely to result in a quick settlement. They don’t put in the time and effort needed to overcome liability disputes, and their clients pay the price. At Halpern Santos & Pinkert, we have many years of litigation experience, and we are never afraid to take a case to trial. In fact, we prepare for every case as if we are going to trial—even if it seems likely that the case will be settled out of court. This approach ensures we have the strongest case possible before settlement negotiations begin, which gives our clients the best chance of recovering fair compensation without going through the hassle of litigation.
- We Enjoy Educating Clients: Most people who are injured in slip and fall accidents have little to no knowledge of Florida premises liability law. That makes the proceedings far more stressful because they do not understand the factors that will influence the outcome of their case. Our attorney will take the time to educate you about the relevant laws, and we will explain what you can do to improve your case’s chance of success.
To recover compensation for your slip and fall injury, you must be able to establish that your accident was caused by another person's negligence. "Negligence" in the context of a slip and fall claim refers to one party's failure to exercise a reasonable degree of care given the circumstances. For example, if a customer spills a gallon of milk in a supermarket, the staff would owe a duty of care to other customers to clean the spill within a reasonable amount of time or to post a warning about the spill. Failing to do so would be considered negligent, and the business establishment could be held liable for any injuries that occur as a result.
Proving negligence and liability in slip and fall cases often requires the careful analysis of a significant amount of evidence. Common examples of evidence used in these cases include:
- Photos of the Scene: You should take pictures of the scene to document the hazard that caused your fall. If you leave the scene before taking pictures, the dangerous condition may be fixed before it can be documented. You should also take photos of your injuries.
- CCTV Camera Footage: Video of your accident can also help your Miami trip and fall lawyer prove liability. The attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert can file a subpoena to obtain surveillance footage if the business establishment refuses to provide it voluntarily.
- Witness Statements: Eyewitnesses can provide statements about how the accident occurred. Slip and fall accident victims should record the full names, phone numbers, and email addresses of anyone who saw their fall.
- Building Codes: If a building code violation contributed to your fall, your attorney can reference the codes when proving negligence and liability.
- The Incident Report: The official incident report you filed at the business establishment can be valuable evidence to prove your claim.
The Miami slip and fall lawyers at Halpern Santos & Pinkert will evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim. Call 305-445-1111 or contact us online to arrange a free case review.