Florida Powerline Accident Attorney
Most people will be fortunate enough to never come in contact with a powerline. Indeed, outside of powerline and electrical workers, such contact is very rare. Tragically, however, powerline accidents do sometimes happen, leaving those involved with serious or even fatal injuries. At the law office of Halpern, Santos & Pinker, P.A., our Florida powerline accident attorneys are available to help you if you or a loved one has been harmed in a powerline accident. Please call our law firm directly today for a free consultation.
Types of Powerline Injuries
When a person’s body makes contact with a powerline that is active—that is, it is transmitting an electrical current—the results can be catastrophic. Common types of powerline injuries include, but are not limited to:
- The most common type of powerline injury is electrocution, which can have a wide range of effects, including burns, confusion, loss of consciousness, seizures, organ damage, and death.
- Traumatic brain injury. A traumatic brain injury may occur when a person comes in contact with electricity, either as a result of electrocution or as a result of a person falling and hitting their head.
- Internal injuries. When exposed to high voltage electricity, internal injuries are common. An internal injury can lead to organ failure and death.
- Even if a person does not suffer internal injuries or a traumatic brain injury as a result of electrocution, they could suffer serious and life-threatening burn injuries.
- Tragically, severe electrocution injuries from powerlines can lead to death in the most severe of cases.
Causes of Powerline Injuries
While injuries from powerlines are relatively rare, they do occur. A powerline injury may occur when powerlines fall, putting them in the pathway of residents and passersby. Power lines may fall as a result of a large storm that blows the powerline down, improper installation, improper powerline inspection, or another event or natural disaster, such as a hurricane or fire.
Your Rights if You’ve Suffered a Powerline Injury
Suffering a powerline injury or losing a loved one to a powerful injury is a traumatic and life-changing experience. At our personal injury law office, we believe that you deserve to be compensated if the powerline injury occurred through no fault of your own. If you can prove that another party’s negligence was to blame for your harm—for example, failing to properly install, inspect, or repair a powerline, creating a hazard—you may be eligible to seek compensation for the full value of your economic and noneconomic losses.
Call Our Powerline Accident Attorneys Directly Today
Our powerline accident attorneys at the office of Halpern, Santos & Pinkert, P.A. will work hard for you. We’ll investigate your case, determine fault, calculate your damages, negotiate your settlement, and represent you every step of the way. We know what you’re going through and that you deserve to be compensated in full.
To learn more about our law firm and our services, please call us directly to schedule your free consultation. We work for you!