Florida Juul Attorney
While the Juul e-cigarette product was once touted as a safer alternative to smoking tobacco, recent discoveries have revealed some disturbing findings that starkly contrast with the perceived benefits. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), all Juul products dispense a level of nicotine that is much higher than most users are aware. One pod contains as much addictive, damaging nicotine as 20 traditional cigarettes. The health implications can be devastating, especially for the adolescents who are a key demographic within the product’s target market.
Fortunately, you may have legal options for recovering compensation if you developed a medical condition linked to use of Juul. Our attorneys at Halpern Santos & Pinkert, P.A. can assist with the process, as we have extensive experience representing individuals who are harmed by dangerous, defective products. Please contact our office to schedule a no-cost consultation with a Florida Juul attorney right away. You can also review some important information about your rights.
CDC Warnings Regarding the Dangers of Juul
There are risks involved with vaping devices that utilize a heat source to turn nicotine fluid into vapor, for inhalation by the user. However, the CDC noted a few unique threats that should be cause for concern.
- Juul disburses around 60 milligrams of nicotine per use, compared to 12 milligrams in cigarettes and up to 30 milligrams with other vapes.
- Many users, especially adolescents, are not aware that Juul products contain nicotine at all.
- The flavors for Juul fluids, such as fruits, dessert, and sweets, are especially attractive to younger users.
- Researchers have not identified the specific aspect of using Juul that is the primary source of lung and respiratory illnesses.
Legal Basis for Juul Lawsuits
There are different theories of liability that claimants are pursuing to recover compensation for their losses. Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify to seek damages on the basis of:
- Wrongful Addiction: Some plaintiffs allege that Juul made false or misleading statements when marketing vaping devices, cartridges, and related products. Younger claimants may also have a claim that promotion efforts inappropriate targeted certain age groups.
- Vaping Injuries: Anyone who developed a lung or respiratory condition may have a cause of action for products liability, but it is necessary to prove that you developed the ailment as a direct result of Juul usage. For those who smoked prior to vaping, this can be a legal challenge.
Depending on your circumstances, our lawyers at Halpern Santos & Pinkert, P.A. can develop a strategy for seeking monetary damages for your medical costs, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and many other losses.
Set Up a Free Consultation with a Florida Juul Attorney
To learn more about your rights after suffering harm from use of Juul products, please contact Halpern Santos & Pinkert, P.A. to speak to a member of our team. You can reach our Coral Gables, FL office to set up a free consultation by calling 305-445-1111 or visiting our website. After reviewing your situation, we can advise you on the legal process.